Lawyers for former FBI boss Andrew McCabe officially asked the Department of Justice to drop its investigation into their client last week; calling the probe “flawed” and a “waste of governmental resources.”
“McCabe’s attorneys, Michael Bromwich, and David Schertler, on Thursday blasted the probe as a ‘waste of governmental resources.’ They also ripped the U.S. Attorney’s office in the District of Columbia for providing them with ‘no information’ in response to their requests regarding the status of the probe into their client,” reports Fox News.
“This investigation has been fatally flawed from its inception,” they said in a statement. “It has been irrevocably tainted by the President’s targeting of Mr. McCabe for prosecution. The investigation has now dragged on for more than 18 months with no resolution in sight.”
“The U.S. Attorney’s Office should close this investigation immediately and move on to fight battles more worthy of the traditions of the Department of Justice,” they said.
Chief counsel at the American Center for Law & Justice Jay Sekulow discussed Andrew McCabe’s potential legal troubles; saying his perjury probe is “just the beginning” for former DOJ officials.
“I think his lawyers made an attempt to get the case killed, obviously the US attorney thought there was a case that should be brought… The US attorney can now proceed with bringing a case, it will go to the grand jury,” said Sekulow.
“It’s not just one count with McCabe, it’s at least three according to the report. It’s perjury, that’s what this allegation is. I want to be clear, I think this is just the beginning of the problem for the individuals that were running the Department of Justice,” he added.
US Attorney Jessie Liu officially recommended proceeding with charges against former FBI official Andrew McCabe Thursday afternoon over his handling of sensitive material during Hillary’s email investigation.
Read the full report at Fox News.